Texting your teen with these thought out ideas is a fantastic relationship booster.
A positive relationship with our kids is so important, and one of the ways we boost that is by “making deposits into their emotional bank account”. You’ve heard of that before, right?
The Gotten Institute says parents should aim for a positive-to-negative ratio of 20 to 1. That’s a lot of positivity!
Since teenagers are busy at school, practices, hanging with friends, etc. you can make quick deposits with these text messages.
The looking forward text.
Everyone loves looking forward to something and this tells them you can’t wait to spend time with them.
- Can’t wait for the game on Friday – I love watching you play!
- Excited to watch the new Star Wars movie tonight!
- I can’t believe it’s such a nice day, our bike ride is going to be great.
The thank you text.
Expressing gratitude is a great way to show love and brings people closer together.
- Thanks for remembering the trash this morning.
- You were so sweet to your sister this morning – thanks for being such a great brother.
- Thank you for bringing so much laughter to this house!
The choice text.
The older they get the more control they want to have. Offer that to them so they don’t need to try and take it.
- Movie night! Should I rent X or X?
- Do you want to do a bike ride tonight or walk the trails?
- Dad and I are planning a family trip next weekend. What do you think, should we go to the lake or to the theme park?
The notice text.
This shows love by noticing the small things they think are unnoticed. It also works as positive reinforcement so they’ll be more apt to repeat the behavior.
- I saw you washed your car – it looks great!
- You studied so hard last night, I’m proud of you.
- You were so kind to that boy at school. You’re a great human.
I love these ideas so much. How simple is it to connect with your child in such a simple and effective way!
Make these your own and use them often. I hope you’ll use these to help bond with your teenagers. ♥
8 Reasons Why Strong Women Have Difficulty In Dating
There are many strong, independent people in the world who find it really hard to succeed in dating and relationships. You are incredibly smart, beautiful, talented, and ambitious. Yet they still struggle to find a good man to be with. They are the kind of women who can get the man they want. Is not. But why?
Well, you might think I’m just bragging and self-centered. You might think these strong women think too much of themselves. You may think that you don’t have time.
But oddly enough, it has very little to do with these things. And these strong women certainly aren’t afraid to get their hearts broken by terrible men in toxic relationships. They hate being hurt by someone they fall in love with. But they were never afraid to show up in the dating world. So what’s stopping you from finding the right person to be with? Well, it’s a lot more complicated than you think. There are many reasons why strong women struggle to date, and here are just a few of them.
- They have high standards: Strong women know what they want in a partner and are not willing to settle for less. This can make it difficult to find someone who meets their expectations.
- They are independent: Strong women are used to taking care of themselves and may have a hard time letting someone else take the lead in a relationship.
- They are not afraid to speak their minds: Strong women are not afraid to speak their minds and may come across as intimidating or difficult to those who are not used to assertive behavior.
- They are used to being in control: Strong women are used to being in control and may have a hard time relinquishing control in a relationship.
- They are self-sufficient: Strong women are self-sufficient and may not need someone else to take care of them, which can be a turn off for some men.
- They have a busy lifestyle: Strong women often have demanding careers or other commitments that can make it difficult to find time for dating.
- They have been hurt in the past: Strong women may have been hurt in the past and may have a hard time trusting someone new.
- They are not afraid to be alone: Strong women are not afraid to be alone and may not feel the need to be in a relationship, which can make it difficult for someone to get close to them.
It’s important to remember that everyone is different and these reasons may not apply to every strong woman out there. Strong women should be appreciated and respected for who they are and not discouraged because of their independence, strength, and confidence.
The Loss Of A Pet Is More Painful Than Most People Would Believe
If you happen to have a pet of your own, you already know the kind of love and joy that comes with having a furry pet in your home. You are usually speechless when describing how big a pet can affect your life.
Pets are really great companions. They are very loyal and cheerful companions who will never stop loving you. When you come home after a long day at work, they are always waiting for you to pet them. They are there to make you laugh even when you don’t want to smile.
Be friends with anyone in your family, young or old, always ready to offer you unconditional love and not ask for anything in return. We are not pet friendly. But they are still there for us. Pets are always there to comfort you whenever you are feeling depressed and lonely. They sense when you’re feeling down and try to lift you up with positive energy and optimism. Pets are a constant reminder to be happy in life, even in the face of constant adversity and challenges. Pets teach us to always look for things to be grateful for, even when it feels like the whole world is weighing on our shoulders. Pets always teach you to look at life and see all the beauty it has to offer.
As a result, many people find it very difficult to say goodbye to their beloved pets. Losing a pet is always a very painful experience. Sometimes it even creates a degree of emotional trauma in a person to the point of never wanting to have a pet again. It’s like saying goodbye to a best friend forever. You never feel like you had enough time together. You will always want them to be with you forever.
Many people underestimate how painful it can be to lose a dog, cat, turtle, hamster, fish or any pet you can think of. Science confirms that the grief and devastation you feel when you lose a pet is justified. We conducted a determined study, which found that all owners agreed on how intensely and deeply they felt the pain they felt as a result of the loss. A team of researchers from Hawaii also conducted a study and found that the pain felt after losing a caress can last as long as the pain felt after losing a loved one.
Many people agree that you can’t really compare what it feels like to lose a pet to how it feels to lose someone you love. However, research shows that the level of devastation and suffering between the two experiences can be very similar in degree and magnitude.
Do We Need to Experience Love to Be Loving?
It is not necessary to have experienced love in a romantic sense to be able to express love and kindness towards others. Love can take many forms and can be directed towards oneself, friends, family, and even strangers. A person can also show love through acts of kindness, generosity, and empathy without necessarily having experienced romantic love. Additionally, one can also learn and practice empathy, kindness, and other aspects of love through other means.
Love is a fundamental human need. It can take many forms, such as the love between romantic partners, the love between family members, and the love of oneself. Love can provide a sense of security, belonging, and self-worth. It can also play a crucial role in mental and physical well-being. Research has shown that people who have strong, positive relationships with others tend to be happier, healthier, and live longer. Lack of love and connection can lead to feelings of isolation and loneliness, which can have negative effects on mental and physical health.
Love is often thought of as a reciprocal feeling, meaning that it is often given and received. It is often said that love begets love, meaning that when we give love, we often receive it in return. The more love we give, the more love we tend to have in our lives. This can be seen in relationships where the more effort and care one partner puts in, the more the other partner tends to respond in kind. Additionally, showing love and kindness to others can often lead to an increase in self-love and self-esteem.
There are many ways to cultivate love in our lives, both for ourselves and for others. Here are a few ways to get love and be loved:
- Show love and kindness to others: One of the best ways to receive love is to give it. By showing love and kindness to others, we create positive relationships and a sense of connection.
- Practice self-love: Loving yourself is the first step to being loved by others. Take time to care for yourself, set boundaries, and treat yourself with kindness and respect.
- Communicate effectively: Clear and open communication is key to any healthy relationship. Express your needs and feelings, and make sure to listen actively to others.
- Be open to love: Sometimes we can block ourselves from receiving love by having preconceived notions about what love should look like. Be open to different forms of love and the ways it can come into your life.
- Volunteer and give back to the community: Helping others and giving back to the community can help boost self-esteem, and also put you in touch with people who may become your close friends or romantic partners.
Ultimately, it’s important to remember that love is not something that can be forced or controlled. It takes time and effort to build strong, healthy relationships, and it’s normal to experience ups and downs in any relationship.